Tuesday 15 May 2012

I said it was going to be a good day yesterday and it was.  But, I think the reason it was a good day was because I went and made it so.  The moral: you make your own luck.

A piece of news I heard yesterday that made me smile (grimace) was the news that some announcements on trains are going to be done by a well-known comic actor.  As someone who has recently escaped from commuting, I can't think of anything worse.  Something that is hilarious when you hear it once, funny twice, will cause you to scream if you hear it every day, multiple times, twice (there and back).  Please.  Just don't.


The train had been stuck for an hour.  A cheery comic gave announcements professing ignorance of the cause.  She sharpened her umbrella’s point on the luggage-rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment