Sunday 11 November 2012

Today, I got a rejection for my novel from a literary agent.  This was not the first rejection note I have ever received and is unlikely to be the last.  

What did annoy me rather was that it was a standard email, of four lines, when they had had the submission (in their requested format) since March.  289 days to be precise.  Am I unreasonable in thinking that a little customisation could have been done in that time?  I always seek feedback, I always want to improve...if anything, I prefer criticism to praise, because it is more often genuine.  So, please, give me something...  

The door was ajar, a glimpse of dark, twisting corridor behind.  First step onto the threshold, when something shoved her.  She landed outside: the door slamming.

No comments:

Post a Comment