Wednesday 30 May 2012

Eeek, nearly missed the blog again yesterday.  Must get more disciplined, particularly as I have signed up to #juneathon, where I will exercise and blog every day.  Amazing what a bit of peer pressure will do...

Yesterday, I spent in helping someone else, cursing cars and negotiating.  All in all, an odd day. All had a common theme though: when something is ours, we get so into the detail and become blinkered.  When it is someone else's thing (possession, idea, view) we can look at it clearly and without prejudice and get to a better decision.


Organising someone else’s life, it’s so easy to sort the wheat from the chaff.  Seeking same detachment in my own life, to filter treasured detritus junk.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree (about being able to sort someone else's stuff much more easily than our own) - I always say that about parenting - I was a much better Mommy before I had kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I know what you mean - I am an expert on parenting, precisely because I don't have any kids...

    ReplyDelete